• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get rid of a notification

NotUp2Speed

Lurker
Feb 15, 2012
RAZR MAXX HD: I get a notification (several times her hour = very annoying) showing a triangle with a "!" in it. I pull down the notification screen and it says "I message not sent". I touch that notification and the "Outbox" folder with a "(1)" appears above the "to" address and subject of a message that I tried to send last week. The message was a video I had shot but it was too large to send.

I touch the old message header and get the screen: Cannot open message / Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened / OK" If I touch the "OK" at the bottom, the !triangle disappears but the unsent message header remains and the !triangle soon returns with an audio alert. If I touch the blue "X" on the previous screen, all is normal for a few minutes and then the !triangle with audio alert returns.

I have tried rebooting (power button and volume down) at various stages of the process and nothing helps. I'm hoping that next week's upgrade to JB 4.1 with improved notifications will fix the problem but have my doubts. In the meantime, the constant notifications are unbearable. Any suggestions (short of doing a hard reset)?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones