Can't get rid of Footprints on my rooted phone

Last Updated:

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted and then installed Damage Control 2.08.1 and it's running perfect. In Damages Rom the program is missing so I found the .apk and widget file and put it back on the phone. It works fine except for some reason it's not using the GPS to find it's position thus it never displays the locations on the map. Well after trying everything I could think of I decided I didn't really need the program and I went back in the root with my Root Explorer and removed the two files that I installed. I checked the phone and the widget was still there and working. So I checked the system/app directory and the files are indeed gone so I thought that maybe they were loaded in memory and I rebooted the phone. The program and widget is still there and working except for the gps of course. Any ideas?? I would like to either figure out why it's not turning on the gps or better yet, find out how to get the program off the phone.

When I first rooted my 1.5 I easily went though the app directory and removed the offending bloatware and it was as easy as deleting the .apk file and widget. But now I'm haunted with this program I can't seem to get rid of now........

All ideas and help would be appreciated. I think at this point I just want it gone again.........

Thanks......

Lisa :cool:

I was just playing with the Footprints and it is indeed loading the gps it's just not loading the maps. The grid appears and the program goes through all it's cycles but the map is blank. Now if I could get it working I would keep it. But I thought that was an interesting observation to add to my request.........

Advertisement