• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant get rid of onscreen message.

jimholt

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
Hi. I cannot get rid of a message that says "Unfortunately,Launcher has stopped."

Pressing the "ok" just keeps bringing it back on screen. This has happened because i downloaded an update for the ics operating system which popped up and asked if i wanted to update. The update was successful as it said so under the offending message. l Have tried resetting with a pin but no luck. The tablet is pretty unusable. Hope you can help. Jim.

Yes i tried that and the factory restore, but just the same. Sony have it back now and it requires a new motherboard. They say they have non in stock at the moment and it takes two weeks to get them in. I am not very happy really as i have a feeling it may take awhile. Wished Sony had made a better job of checking the updates on ICS as it seems there are lots of other issues on other owners tablets.

Upvote 0
Tablet just arrived back but a problem with the android app market now. After it needed an update it won't let me download my apps and asks to be forced closed. If i uninstall and then reinstall the app will that cure it? Android seems to cause more problems than cure to me.

The dreaded ics system update has shown itself again too with an update 4.03 to stop the screen locking on startup ,the problem that mine went back for originally. Do i update or not? Wish Sony had put the latest updates on the tablet while it was in for the service. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones