Cant get rid of onscreen message.Support

Last Updated: 2012-09-20 18:18:32
  1. jimholt

jimholt Member

Hi. I cannot get rid of a message that says "Unfortunately,Launcher has stopped."

Pressing the "ok" just keeps bringing it back on screen. This has happened because i downloaded an update for the ics operating system which popped up and asked if i wanted to update. The update was successful as it said so under the offending message. l Have tried resetting with a pin but no luck. The tablet is pretty unusable. Hope you can help. Jim.

Advertisement
  2. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Have you tried reseting the device?
    Small hole on right hand side, push a straightened paperclip in and the devive will do a soft reset..
  3. jimholt

jimholt Member

Yes i tried that and the factory restore, but just the same. Sony have it back now and it requires a new motherboard. They say they have non in stock at the moment and it takes two weeks to get them in. I am not very happy really as i have a feeling it may take awhile. Wished Sony had made a better job of checking the updates on ICS as it seems there are lots of other issues on other owners tablets.
  4. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Best of luck Jim, hope you get your device back ASAP
  5. jimholt

jimholt Member

Thanks Mark.
  6. jimholt

jimholt Member

Tablet just arrived back but a problem with the android app market now. After it needed an update it won't let me download my apps and asks to be forced closed. If i uninstall and then reinstall the app will that cure it? Android seems to cause more problems than cure to me.

The dreaded ics system update has shown itself again too with an update 4.03 to stop the screen locking on startup ,the problem that mine went back for originally. Do i update or not? Wish Sony had put the latest updates on the tablet while it was in for the service. :rolleyes:
  7. jimholt

jimholt Member

Got the play store running now with the uninstall and reinstall. I just dare not go for the ics update until i am sure its ok.:dontknow: