Can't get rid of SMS popup window

Last Updated:

1. jraggio

jraggio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure which app or setting is causing this, but I'd like to get rid of it. When I get an SMS a pop-up is displayed, like:

Sender Name

message text

[auto response with busy message]
    [reply][dismiss]

I have no idea what is causing it and would like to disable it. I had Handcent SMS installed, but uninstalled it. It had a pop-up, but a different one.

I also have Missed Call installed, but do not have SMS configured, nor do I think it even has an option for pop-windows like this anyway.

Please help! Do you guys see this pop-up when getting an SMS?

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement
  2. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Are you using an app called SMS-popup?

3. jraggio

No, I'm not. That did show up as I googled about this though and its popup is slightly different. Is this perhaps a new feature of the 2.0.1 update? I did not see anything in the stock messaging app setting regarding a popup window. This is really bugging me now. It's not a big deal and frankly most things with a phone aren't, but it is just challenging me now.

John

4. jraggio

Found the culprit! I googled for the longer button text in quotes and found "[auto response with busy message" pointing to an app that I tried out called Contacts Blast. I forgot I even installed it. Now I'm off to uninstall or at least turn off the window.

Contacts Blast – New Features Droidmatic

The app is kind of neat, BTW. Has some cool features including being able to send mail to a google mail group easily.

John