1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't get Smart Scroll to workSupport

1. BobosCurse

BobosCurse Member

My friend has an s4 and when I look at the screen, a green eye icon blinks in the middle of the screen, and Smart Scroll works fine.

On my phone, it doesn't work. I get no eye icon. As far as I can tell, I have all the settings turned on, but obviously I'm missing something.

The eye icon in the notification bar is dark grey.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Talal5897

Talal5897 Well-Known Member

The dark grey icon, means that the phone has not detected your eyes yet.
    Turn your head away and back and see if the icon highlights to light grey.
    Go to settings> my device> smart screen> smart scroll, and see whether visual feedback display is on. If it's on, the green eye will appear and blink on the screen showing whether it's detected your eyes or not.
  3. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

There are two settings for smart scroll. Head tilt and device tilt. Select head tilt in settings and make sure your not in dark place while using it
  4. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

I myself use Air Gestures instead of Smart Scroll. While it works, it seems a little more finicky than a swipe of the hand. Additionally, Smart Scroll doesn't seem to recognize your eyes as fast if you're wearing glasses!

Be patient with it and play around for a while. As with the other features, they work pretty well once you get the hang of them!
  5. I first assumed it would work across all apps, but it seems to only work in the original SG4 apps (internet, email, etc.). I use Chrome for bookmark sync, so it doesn't work there. It also doesn't work in the dark.
  6. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

It works like charm for me I love smart scroll.