• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't get Superuser after hbooter unlock

Vandaleyes

Lurker
May 4, 2013
Firstly, let me begin by saying this is my first post at this forum and I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum. Now that that's out of the way, here's my situation:

So far I have been following this guide:
http://androidforums.com/incredible...ot-unlock-downgrade-achieve-s-off-htcdev.html
Note- this is my first time attempting to root a phone, but generally, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy. I was able to unlock the bootloader through htcdev (step 1) without a problem. I proceeded to step 2, also no problem. Now I find myself at step 3 and I can't get superuser on my Droid Incredible through recovery. Here are some things that I suspect might be the cause:

1) In step 1, this was mentioned:
*check your hboot screen. if you already have hboots 1.02.0000,or 1.07.0000 then skip ahead to the next step,you dont need this. if you have hboot 0.92.0000,then download the RUU for the new hboot. right click it,and run as administrator. plug in your phone when prompted to. it will ugrade your 0.92.0000 hboot to the htcdev unlock 1.02.0000 hboot.
My HBoot was 0.98.0000... I had really tried to update it, but to no avail. I searched and tried many RUU's before just giving up and saying, "Hmmm, well, maybe I can just ignore this part and see where it gets me." This is the part I am most afraid might be my problem.

2) I presume I am doing this right, but when you put the superuser onto the root of the SDcard, you leave it as the .zip file, right? No unpackaging necessary? I tried it as a .zip, and unpackaged. I also tried different versions besides superuser-3.0.7

My problem is that in step 3, I will go to the HBooter screen with the superuser file on my SDcard and this is what will happen: Green text will flash, something like -
pg32diag.nbh
img not found
pg32diag.zip
img not found
etc....

Then I select Recovery. It reboots, then hangs at the booting screen (white background, green "HTC" text).

If anyone could help me out, I would VASTLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance! ^^

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones