Cant get text messages after root!?? I need help!

Last Updated:

1. FLEMTP

FLEMTP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone using unrevoked.. now I am not getting my text messages at all. I am using chompSMS... I also checked the native text messaging program and they are not showing up there either.

ANY ONE please help me.. I send and receive A LOT of text messages...

I am able to send them out and the other people get them just fine.

Advertisement
  2. arozer

arozer Member

ChompSMS is having tons of complaints about not receiving texts.
    I even tested it out for an hour, after hearing all the complaints. Needless to say, I was getting the notification but NOT the text. =/

Switched back to 'Handcent SMS' and couldn't be happier.

Do that!

3. FLEMTP

never had an issue until i rooted. Im not even getting the texts in the native text application either.

4. FLEMTP

I did as you suggested and went to Hand cent... not only am I getting messages again.. but its showing all the ones i couldnt see before. Forget crunchSMS...!

5. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I need to revive this thread. I received a replacement phone last night. My original speaker was very tinny and difficult to hear. I rooted when I got home and loaded the Fresh 0.5.3 rom. My phone has been eerily quiet since. So I just asked a friend to send me a text. She did, and nothing is coming through. I have had her send a few more. I did a battery pull and rebooted, and one message came through. I am using Handcent, which I am a huge fan of, and nothing is showing up there or in the native messaging application. I tested sending a text, and she said she received that almost instantly. Any ideas?

6. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I just uninstalled Handcent and reinstalled. I have received one text message since doing this. I'm hoping this is a positive sign.