Root Cant get text messages after root!?? I need help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FLEMTP, Jun 13, 2010.

1. FLEMTP

FLEMTP Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Paramedic
    Ft Myers, FL
    I rooted my phone using unrevoked.. now I am not getting my text messages at all. I am using chompSMS... I also checked the native text messaging program and they are not showing up there either.

ANY ONE please help me.. I send and receive A LOT of text messages...

I am able to send them out and the other people get them just fine.

Advertisement
  2. arozer

arozer Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ChompSMS is having tons of complaints about not receiving texts.
    I even tested it out for an hour, after hearing all the complaints. Needless to say, I was getting the notification but NOT the text. =/

Switched back to 'Handcent SMS' and couldn't be happier.

Do that!

3. FLEMTP

FLEMTP Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Paramedic
    Ft Myers, FL
    never had an issue until i rooted. Im not even getting the texts in the native text application either.

4. FLEMTP

FLEMTP Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Paramedic
    Ft Myers, FL
    I did as you suggested and went to Hand cent... not only am I getting messages again.. but its showing all the ones i couldnt see before. Forget crunchSMS...!

5. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    MI
    I need to revive this thread. I received a replacement phone last night. My original speaker was very tinny and difficult to hear. I rooted when I got home and loaded the Fresh 0.5.3 rom. My phone has been eerily quiet since. So I just asked a friend to send me a text. She did, and nothing is coming through. I have had her send a few more. I did a battery pull and rebooted, and one message came through. I am using Handcent, which I am a huge fan of, and nothing is showing up there or in the native messaging application. I tested sending a text, and she said she received that almost instantly. Any ideas?

6. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    MI
    I just uninstalled Handcent and reinstalled. I have received one text message since doing this. I'm hoping this is a positive sign.

Tags: