Cant get the phone to sleep!General

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So here I am tooling along feeling great. Getting good life out of the battery, running about 18% awake time.

This afternoon all of a sudden I am stuck at 100% awake time! I disabled ear, advanced task mgr etc. Nothing.

Help!

Advertisement
  2. Needsdecaf

Ended up uninstalling every app I have downloaded to date. It worked. Now re-installing one by one.

This happened after some of the apps asked to update themselves.

I have read for certain apps, that you should uninstall before updating. Thinkg that's what I'm going to do from now on.

3. Lpetel

Lpetel Member

I was running at about 22% and then I powered down for the night just to see what would happen. Now I am back to between 70-100%. I uninstalled the handcent app and did all the tricks on the sticky but am confused. Maybe I should delete all the apps and start over? If I do a factory reset will I lose all my contacts? I am new to the droid world so sorry if the questions are ridiculous.

4. huntsvegas

huntsvegas Active Member

What difference does it make? Does it affect your battery life? It's known that some Apps will prevent your phone from sleeping. I've had my phone for about 10 days and haven't had an issue w/awake time. I don't use ATK; only utilizing "Application manager" (force close) to close apps when needed.

Over the last 24 hours, I've done ~50min of call time and moderate data/internet usage and still have about 15% (which proabably equates to a few more hours). That being said, my phone has been UP: 42hrs and my Awake time: 13%

5. Needsdecaf

Yes, it HUGELY affects battery life.

BTW, been good for 3 days now.

6. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

Is what you're saying that running ATK ( Automatic Task Killer ) consumes battery ?

7. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

ATK = Advanced Task Killer

No, it should not consume battery by itself, but having it open and using it to close every app you open will use battery. I used it for a while and it didn't affect my battery, then decided a task killer was unnecessary for my Eris. I do have OSMonitor on my phone, which I have yet to use as a task killer, but it does let me know important system information, I would recommend that if you're looking.

8. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned

task killer, waste. IMO. I had it. then found phone running way better without it. if you don't trust what you hear, give it a shot.