1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

cant get to bootloader screen

1. altlinx

altlinx New Member

Has anyone got to the bootloader of the EVO 4G with Gingerbread?

Somehow 30 minutes ago, I got to the bootloader for the EVO 4G with the gingerbread installed... Don't know exactly how, but it caught me off guard. This is all I can remember:

My phone died, so I hooked it to the charger. After watching a movie, my phone was charged completely with a green light. With it still hooked to the USB cable (and wall socket), I believe I held the power button and "UP" volume button. The screen stayed black for a second or two, then the bootloader showed up. I exited it to try to reconfirm my actions, but somewhere I must have missed a step. As I think of it, I might have released and quickly repressed the power button in the process.

I tried many combinations, but I just get the fastboot. I believe I might have to let my battery rundown until its bone dry, charge it to the max, then turn it on using the above suspected method to see if the results are true.

NOTE**** If it means anything, debugging on my phone was off.

Advertisement
    :
  2. altlinx

altlinx New Member

AAAAW!!! Figured how to get back to HBOOT. Had to remove the battery and put it back in, then held the power and UP volume button. Automatically sent me to the HBOOT screen with the skateboarding androids.
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

You will have to pull the battery again after holding volume up and power. I forget what this is called, but I've read about it a couple if times.
    If you want to get to hboot and recovery use, power and volume DOWN. :)
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    go to phone "setting"/"applications"(depending on what rom you are on, it might be under "power"./uncheck fastboot option.
    Granite1 likes this.
  5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I didn't even think about fastboot. Thanks ocn, that's why you be the guide. ;)
    ocnbrze likes this.