1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Cant get to download mode

1. every time i do volume down and power it just regular reboots. if i hold voulme up and power it gives me power reset or upload mode. How do u get to download mode

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, is your ADB working properly? If so, open command prompt. Then type:

Then if your phone is listed, type:

This should boot you into download mode.
    rezawencher likes this.
  3. Thanks ill try this later. How do i get adb set up? Do i jus need the usb drivers and the android sdk installed?
  4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Yep. That's all I did.
  5. Sweet.. i love it when i understand all this it makes me feel so advanced everyone in spokane is ******ed
  6. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

1st u gotta turn the phone off first w/o usb cable
    2nd plug in the usb cable to ur vibrant and wait till green battery charging screen turns on
    3rd once u see that green battery screen hold down volume down + power
    and let go of the power button ONLY!!! as soon as u see the black screen

and voila!!!

p.s. to get out from the download mode make sure u hold down the Power button ONLY!! for good 3~5 seconds don't take out the battery!!!!!
  7. Casperr

Casperr New Member

Is it going to be a huge problem if my galaxy vibrant has those 3 combo buttong to enter recovery/download mode disabled? I mean like if I was to upgrade a firmware in the future?
  8. nabour

nabour Member

I have same problem but with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
    How can I tell if my ADB is working properly. I lost my root so I can't download ADB wireless from playstore. Can I access adb using my usb?