• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get videos to run on other devices

kahkoelle

Lurker
Apr 18, 2014
OK, first off if this is posted elsewhere, I apologize as I looked through everything and ran a search. First post here; I'm fairly computer fluent but not an expert in phone tech.

I shot some videos of my son pitching last night and they look great on the phone. I tried to pull them over to my PC and I can't figure a way to get them to run. The file extension is .mp4; from looking around apparently some phones record in a variation of mpeg4 and I'm having a heck of a time finding a solution to let me watch them on the PC, upload them, etc.

My job has a video/CD/DVD division; I gave it to the guys there and also had no luck. Is there something with video from the Epic or maybe just a known issue out there? I'm running Gingerbread.FC09, Firmware 2.3.6.

I have tried:
Windows Media Player on both XP and Win8.1
Media Monkey
CyberDirector
Quicktime
Movie Maker
MediaLite
Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate
VLC
I also installed some codecs and no luck; I tried sending straight to Youtube and no dice there either.

Technically my issue may be with PC side instead of the Epic, but given that I've tried these avenues and let the experts run at it, I'm thinking it's a phone thing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones