1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Cant get yellow trangle to go away. I cant get recovery mode working

1. fixmephone

fixmephone New Member

Hi, I hope someone can help. Im new to rooting and ive mucked it up!

I connected to Odin3 v1.85
    Loaded “PDA” to select “GT-I9100G_LP7_ClockworkMod-Recovery_5.5.0.4.tar” and click on “Start”

Now phone has a yellow warning symbol and does not go into recovery mode.

Can I fix it?
    Is it bricked or softbricked?
    How do I get iin to recovery mode?

Whats going on!

Any help will be appreciated!!

Advertisement
  2. fixmephone

fixmephone New Member

3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums fixmephone! :)

Oh, dear!

I'm reasonably good but, unfortunately not psychic.

You may, or may not, have a Galaxy S2, GT-i9100 or GT-i9100G or M or P or T model.

You have attempted to flash a, "G", variant rooting kernel that has not allowed you to boot your phone.

Therefore the odds are that your phone is not a, "G", model.

The international, GT-i9100, and the, "T", and, "M", are roughly the same... so lets play the odds shall we.

I suggest that you flash a stock Samsung, unbranded, ICS, GT-i9100 firmware to your phone which will contain an unrooted kernel, to try and get you up and running again.

I suggest this firmware and follow the instructions under the heading, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!", in post #1, here.

Hopefully this will have you up and running again and you can then proceed to root your phone using, "Rooting Galaxy S2 - A Dummies Guide", after reading through posts #1 and #2, slowly and carefully.

If for any reason the above is unsuccessful, do not become, "Flash Happy", and start flashing anything. Just post back here and wait for a reply from someone.

Good luck!
  4. fixmephone

fixmephone New Member

Thanks, for your help. I managed it in end. I was pressing down / home / power .. I then presses UP / home / power and the screen campe up to allow me to connect to Odin. I then flashed it with the correct file. Boom it worked! Running jelly bean and much better than stock. Many thanks again