• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't hear caller on my phone

josercruz01

Lurker
Feb 29, 2012
Hi, I bought my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I-777 about a week ago and it was working perfectly until a couple of days ago when it started presenting this issue. I can't hear the caller although he can hear me during a phone call (Speaker mode works and also works with headsets, but not with the receiver).

I've read this entire thread (http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/53322-no-sound-all-help-please.html) and a couple of more and I can't seem to solve the issue.

I have tried plugging and unplugging headset violently, hard reset, cleaning the headset jack with compressed air, twisting the phone and all that with no luck.

Does anybody else has an insight on any other issue that may be causing this? The phone is practically new and I'm not sure if I need to take it to repair if it's a software/headset-jack issue that I can fix myself...

Any kind of help would be appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones