Support Cant hear on the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wfconlon, Jan 3, 2010.

1. wfconlon

wfconlon Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Name is wfconlon,58 years old and just received a
    droid for Christmas...Love it...Great apps...One small problem, when I et a phone call, I cant hear anything out of the ear piece. Works on speaker phone just fine...must be something in the menus but I cant find it...Anybody know?

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    welcome. I'd take it to a verizon store for them to look in to.

3. wfconlon

wfconlon Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks but somebody suggested turning the phone and back on again and that worked just fine....I wonder what caused the problem in the first place

4. beefydoc

beefydoc New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Most likely the problem came from using the headphone jack and removing the headphones. This is a software issue that you can find references to in other forum posts. Rebooting the phone fixes the problem. But that's a pain if you use the phone as an MP3 player and then try to receive a call. I just returned my 2nd Droid with this exact problem. Apparently the phone treats the jack as though it has a chord plugged in even after you remove the plug from the jack. To me a MAJOR flaw that needs to be remedied immediately.

5. wfconlon

wfconlon Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Your right That's exactly what I did. I was listening to slacker radio using an old set of really good computer speakers. I hope they fix it in an upgrade soon. Thank You