• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't hear visual voicemail

doh! who would've thought that voicemail would be tied to media volume and not call volume. Thanks. I set a sleep profile that turns the media volume down to zero. I usually forget about it come morning and don't put the normal profile back. Go figure.

Haven't plugged a headset into the phone so I figured that wasn't it, but a glitch like that doesn't surprise me.

Upvote 0
I have the worst quality on my voicemail. It sounds jacked up even with the volume all the way up.

Sounds like everyone is mini and talking into a huge speaker!
This isnt really an issue with the phone, but rather the compression rate that Sprint is using for V. Voicemail. Im guessing to save bandwidth when they send it to your phone and/or make it small enough to get it there quickly.

Upvote 0
Visual voicemail doesn't sound great, but the convenience of being able to easily pause, replay, search and save trumps the sound quality every time!

Agreed! Also nice to be able to forward by just clicking names in your contact list instead of pressing 8(or whatever it was) then typing the number that you don't remember because it's in your contact list and you never dial it.

I've also got friends that tend to leave pointless voicemails if I don't answer the phone and it is nice to be able to just delete those without having to listen to them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones