Can't increase call volume without increasing ringtone

Last Updated:

1. Heliskier59

Heliskier59 Active Member This Topic's Starter

It seems so basic but I can't seem to increase call volume without turning up ringtone volume as well....am I missing something here?

Advertisement
  2. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

I don't know how to to do it natively, I'd assume in the phone settings somewhere, but I use "Quick Settings" app, which is amazing - and allows you to customize multiple levels of volumes independently (call volume, system volume, ringer, notification, alarms, etc)

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Quick Settings looks good...the "Volume" control in it gives you individual access to all volume settings on the phone, and you can add an icon for easy access to it from the Status bar.

4. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

I love that it can be put in the notification bar, and I can honestly say of the 100+ apps I've downloaded, this is one of my most frequently used in my day to day life.

5. djaffinito

djaffinito Member

Thanks, that's a nice little program

6. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

I use Quick Settings and had no idea the volume controller had so many settings! I assumed it was a simple on/off like the other controls. Thanks!

7. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

I noticed that the volume toggle switch on the side of the phone adjusts the volume depending on what you are doing.

For example, if I am on the phone with someone, and hit the toggle button, if adjusts the volume of the call. However, if I am in youtube and hit the toggle button, it adjusts the media volume.

I am pretty sure if you are in a call, and hit the toggle button on your phone, it will adjust the volume of the call without adjusting ringer volume. I have done this before, and when I was done with the call, my ringer was still on vibrate.

8. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

That's correct - it is context sensitive...unless you have the setting checked in Settings to link Incoming Call Volume and Notifications Volume together, volume settings are independent when adjusted...at least that's how it's been for me. :)