• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't install Backup-and-Restore.apk.

Hello

I am new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm trying to install Backup-and-Restore.apk on my Phone to get my Contacts back, but everytime i try it said "Application not installed".

This is the app downloaded officially from m.sonyericsson.com/backup.

Phone is Xperia X10, rooted.

Tryed installing with Root Explorer and Astro file manager, neither work.

Please help me :)

Thankyou much

Hello

I am new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm trying to install Backup-and-Restore.apk on my Phone to get my Contacts back, but everytime i try it said "Application not installed".

This is the app downloaded officially from m.sonyericsson.com/backup.

Phone is Xperia X10, rooted.

Tryed installing with Root Explorer and Astro file manager, neither work.

Please help me :)

Thankyou much
I am also facing the same problem what AussieSausage mentioned. I am in panic situation without the contact details. This happened, after installing the latest Android version for Xperia-X10. Kindly give us solution immediately please.

Upvote 0
Greetings,

I thought that when you linked back into your gmail account, google automatically restores your contacts, well mine does.

I know this doesn't help you now, but in contacts, if you select the menu key, there should be an option to allow you to export your contacts to your memory card. This way you always have a backup on hand.

You can try the sub forum for your phone. Someone there might have a better answer for you.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Hello I have just updated to the latest software and realised that they did not put backup and restore on but I found away around it that works. Download for free from the market an app called 4shared, once downloaded search for backup and restore apk. Download a apk file of backup and restore and open. It then works like on old software hope this helps.

Reactions: EyesMorgann
Upvote 0
Hello I have just updated to the latest software and realised that they did not put backup and restore on but I found away around it that works. Download for free from the market an app called 4shared, once downloaded search for backup and restore apk. Download a apk file of backup and restore and open. It then works like on old software hope this helps.

This actually worked!
I had tried everything else. The Back up and Restor wouldnt work any other way. I recomend doing this for those who have the same problem

Upvote 0

awwhhh it worked! Thank you very much <3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones