• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't install/boot an image anymore

Hi all,

it is not possible to install a bootable image in my a510 anymore. The log says:

I: Can't partition non-vfat: datamedia
I: Can't format unkmown volume: /emmc

No matter what I tried. That applies to all the stock images.

Here is what I did. To root the device I followed this howto:

Android-Hilfe.de - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - [A511] Root - Diskussionsthema (German)

That worked without problems. After that I had, and still have, a working CWM-Based Recovery v6.0.1.9. Next step was installing a CM-image (instead of doing a backup first, silly I know). It was the cm-10-20121111-UNOFFICIAL-a510.zip. The result was a system which doesn't boot. I just tried that again. Everything looks fine and then it hangs at the Acer screen for ever.

After that I tried to flash stock images. No avail, see list of images.

I did this already:

-reset button
-vol up power lock to do a wipe
OS_Acer_Acer.AV041.A510.RV28RC04.EMEA._A40I_A.zip OS_Acer_RV28.RC04.EMEA.DE_A40I_A.zip
OS_Acer_Acer.AV041.A510.RV34RC05.EMEA._A40I_A.zip recovery_nothrills.img
cm-10-20121111-UNOFFICIAL-a510.zip OS_Acer_RV28.RC02.WW.GEN1_A40I_A.zip
cm-10-20120919-UNOFFICIAL-a510-bis.zip
-inst from SDCard
-inst via sideload
-in fastboot mode: fastboot erase userdata
-all kind of wipes
-fix permissions

So, the Acer images do not install at all and the CM ones install but do not boot.

Any ideas? :smokingsomb:

Thanx,

esheep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones