• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't install Flickr app on Vizio Tablet

I am trying to get the new Flickr app to install on my Vizio tablet. When I go into the market, I do not see the app listed. When I go to the app in the market place by entering the URL (found by searching the market on my laptop) I see the info but no "Install" button. Finally, I was able to find a place to download the apk file (both the official one and also the one which has been "unlocked" for tablets). However, when I run the installer, the app does not install and the only indication is the message "Application not installed". Can anyone out there shed any light on this? Is there something which might make the app incompatible with this tablet?

Thanks. I am new with Android devices and am trying to develop some apps. I have experience programming webOS apps, but with HP's decision to stop building devices and nothing new on the horizon, I have decided to move on. Thanks again for any help with this specific problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones