Can't install from marketplace after rooting

Last Updated:

1. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I rooted my x. Deodex, new theme.....yada yada yada. Now I can't install apps from marketplace. Anyone know the remedy?

It will download, but a message in the notification bar reads: "installation of.....unsuccessful".

Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I run into this too. It seems as if certain apps that have been modded by the developer will not update, I guess in order to keep the mod? I don't know. For me, twitter and facebook wouldn't update.

If nothing updates, try a battery pull and try it again. Please let us know how it works.

steven

3. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did the battery pull, cleared cache, cleared data.......nothing. Still not working

4. joebadmo

joebadmo New Member

I was having this issue after installing Tranquility 3. What I did was go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> market -> uninstall. After that everything installed fine. I don't know what kind of adverse effects this might have, and I'm not sure what version of market I just downgraded to, or how to upgrade back up to the most recent version of market or whatever, but, hey, it worked.

5. doepain

doepain New Member

I had this same issue after I rooted my A855. The fix for me was to go into running services, find the market service, and force stop, clear cache, clear data, and then when I go to re-open "Market" it assumed it was my first time having to open it I go through EULA, and then I am redirected to the Market place as I knew it.

All of applications are there, and ready to be upgraded.