cant install roms!???

Last Updated:

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what is the deal here. i just got my refurb today and it wont let me install the smoked glass roms neither v4 or v5. i rooted the phone with no problems. and i had smoked glass running perfect on my other phone.
    I go to "advanced nandroid restore" then "choose backup" and i choose the smoked glass rom then the phone says: "nandroid exited with status 25." and if i try to use the backup rom i made it says "nandroid exited with status 21". any ideas? ive tried several times today with same results.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Sounds like folder problems, either you have to many folders or you have the nandroids inside of a extra folder.

3. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Is there a subfolder inside your nandroid restore of smoked glass?. It should have the raw restore files directly in the main folder. I've seen this error when the files are in an additional sub-folder below the parent directory.

hope this helps.

4. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member

Yes that definitely is a folder problem. Check and make sure 1) as CRPercodani said make sure there arent too many folders in the nandroid folder. 2) make sure there are absolutely NO spaces in the name of the folder in the nandroid folder. I had a problem once and it was because I had a space in the name of the folder and I think it was status 21.

5. T.C

T.C Member

Nandroid error codes with known issue

14 - Seems to happen when applying a .rom.tgz format. There is too many extensions at the end (I.e. .rom.tgz.tgz, needs to be .rom.tgz) Also could be caused by exracting a .rom.tgz . These files need to be left as a .rom.tgz file.

21 - The file name of the folder has a space in it. ( I.e. nandroid/sample rom, needs to be nandroid/samplerom)

25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom,
    it needs to be nandroid/samplerom

28 - The rom is corrupt somehow, simple redownload or pick another mirror site.

34 - This is when doing a
    backup and there isn't enough space on the sdcard
    [​IMG]
    . Delete some files to make room and start again.

35 - The name for the backup is too many characters. Simply rename.

6. aaronmach1

wow all very very good info guys. infact you were all right. For some reason my computer likes to bend me over. It had put the rom in a folder named the same thing as the raw rom folder and then when i copied to my sd card root thats why it wasnt working, Because it had one too many folders.
    On another note here why does my computer change file names somtimes? For example if i make a file named "update.zip" then my computer always wants to make it to just "update". Another example: i still cant get smoked glass v5 to work. If i try to save the file as ".rom.tgz" like you have to, the computer will change it to say just ".rom" after i save it. why is this?

7. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I use WinRAR to extract from my PC and no matter how careful I am I find it always tends to create that extra layer of subfolder. I just make it a habit to get back and check the fold structure and move things over if I have to before flashing. Live and learn...

aaronmach1 likes this.
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Sometimes the computer hides the file extension as a "convenience" to void "confusing" users. It's still there, the computer hasn't renamed it. There are ways to tell your computer to show the extension, depending on what OS you're running.

aaronmach1 likes this.
  9. aaronmach1

thanks guys!