Can't install Sygic Mobile Maps on i7500 - no Device IDSupport

Last Updated:

1. lumix2day

lumix2day Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone!

I am using Sygic Mobile Maps 10 on my N1 and now got if for my girlfriend's i7500. It installed fine but when I start it up and try to activate a map, the screen where it should show the device id is just empty (it shows a -). If I go to the About screen, it also doesn't show a device id.

I contacted Sygic already but they don't know anything about the i7500 and Google doesn't really help either. My current guess is that it doesn't work with the internal memory card as the device id is apparently generated based on the sd card's serial number (Sygic used to distribute the software pre-installed on a sd card). So maybe the software can't recognise the serial number of the internal card and hence can't generate a device id...but that's just my guess.

I just want to avoid wasting money to buy a microsd to install it on there if it turns out that the app is just not working with the i7500 for other reasons...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

i think andronix has sygic maps. he maybe able to advise on this

3. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

yep, i had the same problem. i had to wipe and then install it.

4. lumix2day

So you actually got it installed on the "internal" memory but you first had to wipe and re-install the whole system? Are you on Galaxo 1.6.3.1 or just the standard firmware?

Thanks in advance!

5. Andronix

on internal and it was on ii5 1.5 fw.

6. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I'm having the same problem on Galaxo 1.6.3.1

I contacted them and they said that it would work on an external card. I didn't try yet, so I advise you wait a little before buying a card.

I have lots of important exams (and job interviews....) so it might take a little while.

7. Andronix

with nandroid backup it's easy to try a wipe and return back in 5mins.

8. nightcrow

nightcrow Well-Known Member

I was having the same problems installing Sygic MM10 on my Galaxy and bought an 8 GB SD. Now it works like a charm. So for me it's definitely worth the effort.

Bought the SD primarily to store music and movies. The only thing is that now Tunewiki also finds the sounds of MM10 (e.g. the little tones to warn you for speed traps) on the external SD and plays them as well. So shuffling all music gives some weird tones now and then ;)

9. Andronix

just create a file called ".nomedia" in MM10 folder on external SD so the player doesn't index that sounds...

nightcrow likes this.
  10. cinamzuk

cinamzuk Member

Installed Sygic maps on external sd card. Instaled application and device code is there. Everything working great.
    Thing is in external sd card. Sorry for bad English.

11. lumix2day

Hi again!

Thanks for all your insights. I just ordered a micro sd, fingers crossed it will work with my girlfriend's i7500 and Sygic as well.

Btw. I tried the wipe (nandroid backup, wipe, restore), didn't help as the device id was still missing thereafter. So I guess I just have to go for the external sd solution...

Thanks again!

12. assassin50

assassin50 Member

Same for me here. It didn't show a device id on the internal SD-card, but when I bought an external card, everything worked just fine :)