Can't install the Android SDK 2.3 on Windows 7

1. mschoppe

mschoppe New Member

I've tried several times to install the Android SDK on my Windows 7 x64 pc. I am interested in learning to write an application. However, every time I try, I get a message saying that Java SE JDK needs to be installed first. So, I followed the link to Java.Sun.com and downloaded and installed the Java SE JDK. I'm still told that I have to install the Java SE JDK first. I downloaded the latest version of the Java JDK is 1.6.

I'm stumped! And no one to contact where I downloaded the SDK from.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

You may need to restart your pc after installing Java.
  3. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Well-Known Member

1)Have you ever installed an older version of the JDK?
    2)Are windows, the JDK, and SDK all installed/ing on the same drive?
  4. miXer

miXer Well-Known Member

Have you downloaded the x64 or the x86 version? I have had some troubles when downloading x64.
  5. JamTheMan

JamTheMan Well-Known Member

This is usually because the the newer versions of Java doesn't install in the same location as they used to, for some strange reason. The problem can usually be fixed by adding the location of your installed Java SDK to your windows path (Right click on "Computer" -> Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced -> Environment variables -> System variables -> Find "Path", and add ;*/jdk/jre/bin with * being the installed location ).

If this doesn't fix it, just download the SDK .zip from Android SDK and unpack it where ever (e.g. C:/Program Files/Android) and run the "SDK Manager" that is found in the root folder...
  6. Android Pre-K

Android Pre-K Member

I dont know if you fixed that issue yet. Sometimes when you try to install the android sdk from the exe it wont find the java sdk at 1st. I found out that when you reach the window that says "Java sdk is not installed" or something like that, if you hit the back button, then the next button again it will automagically find it... try it it might work.