can't install the custom ROM :(

Last Updated:

1. kenboo

kenboo Member

i can't install the downloaded rom. I keeps saying "verification failed" when i pick "update.zip" and it goes to a screen with a red triangle and a exclamation mark. I have an HTC Hero GSM 2.1 on Telus.
    i used this ROM:UPDATED! [ROM] [2.2.1 Froyo] [23/1/2011] TastyFroyo 1.2 - xda-developers
    Is there something wrong with the ROM? If so is there any ROM that you guys suggest?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You need to root the handset and install a custom recovery such as Amon_RA or ClockworkMod before you can flash a custom ROM. See this thread for an excellent guide to rooting Telus devices.
  3. kenboo

kenboo Member

I already did root the phone and i do have clockworks....
  4. Slug

The recovery flash wasn't successful then, as what you're seeing is the stock recovery. It happens.... try reflashing CWM.
    kenboo likes this.
  5. kenboo

kenboo Member

You are a GOD!!!!
    THANKYOU!!!!!!
    :D
  6. kenboo

kenboo Member

Crap. It worked....but Now it's just stuck on the frozen yogurt animation.....
    Does it hate me?
  7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Did you do a full wipe of the phone? If you don't it won't boot.

Either way, you should reboot into recovery and do a full wipe (I'm not exactly sure how clockwork is laid out so I can't be more specific) and then reflash.
  8. Slug

I use CWM on my DZ so I can help with that.... "wipe data/factory reset" is on the main menu, iirc third item down. Use that, then immediately reflash the ROM.
    Xyro likes this.
  9. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Stuck for how long?
    I find that the first boot after installing a new rom can take quite a while (5-10 minutes and up) because it's rebuilding the dalvik cache etc, which of course you wiped before you installed the new rom. (This is only if you have a lot of apps installed and you havent done a complete wipe).