Can't kill internetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Desire with T-Mobile but since the 2.2 update my internet will not kill when I use TasKiller or any other task killing apps. I have checked the settings but to no avail and don't know what to do next.
    I find it very annoying that when I switch the internet on that I return to the website I was at previously and not back to the Google home page that I have set up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Foxy.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Press Menu>More>Home. Or set the home page as a bookmark.

You will always return to the last page visited, unless you have recently rebooted your phone or as you say, killed it (which you shouldn't really be doing anyway)

3. Foxspeed

Thanks for your swift reply but before the update, I always pressed TasKiller to stop the internet running in the background as suggested to save battery life.
    Is there no way now to do that without rebooting the phone?

Thanks.

4. lovemafone

lovemafone Member

Hi,

How did you get an update on t mobile already?

Cheers
    Paul

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I believe 2.2 has changes that makes it hard/impossible to use task killers.

Use a switch to close your internet, not a task killer...................................

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

7. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Why not just use a widget to turn off mobile internet instead, or if you are on about the browser go to settings/applications/manage applications select the running tab & kill the browser from there.
    Using a task killer uses battery life in its own right, but then having to restart a task you have forced stopped uses more power too.
    Most apps that run in the background hardly use much power anyway.

8. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Don't kill tasks.

Dolphin HD has an exit button. It also let's you keep the user agent set to Desktop so you can view non-mobile sites.

9. Foxspeed

I live in England and received the update when I did a check. I downloaded it but it failed to install because I didn't have enough space in the phone's memory so I uninstalled Google earth and searched again but it said it was already up to date which was obviously wrong as it still showed 2.1 etc.
    I then went to Turkey for a two week vacation, connected to a bar's wifi, did a check out of curiosity and was surprised to get hold of the update.
    Downloaded, installed and happy.

So no biggy about not being able to kill the internet running in the background then?

Ok, thanks everyone for your time and help.