• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Link Contacts to Facebook

So my girlfriend got herself a new HTC Aria a few days ago, and the thing won't let her link her contacts to their Facebook profiles. All the contacts are stored on her phone, not the SIM.....has 2.1 stock. You type in the person's name after tapping the 'link profile' button or whatever it says, and no profiles show up in the search box. I noticed that a similar post in the HTC Hero forum, but no one seemed to have any luck over there. Does anyone know what's going on? And yes, I've gone into the settings and enabled everything that I know to enable regarding syncing, facebooking, and anything else along on those lines. Any tips are much appreciated! Thanks!

I am having a problem with my Droid Eris. I am trying to link my contacts to their Facebook profiles, but everytime I put in my email and password, it keeps saying, "service currently unavailable." Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if something is wrong with the server or just my phone. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Upvote 0
I am having a problem with my Droid Eris. I am trying to link my contacts to their Facebook profiles, but everytime I put in my email and password, it keeps saying, "service currently unavailable." Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if something is wrong with the server or just my phone. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Well, I know that she isn't getting the 'Service Unavailable' notification.....she's logged in and everything, which is why I'm stumped as to why none of her FB friends are popping up in the contact list. FB is working fine on her phone, she just can't link contacts for whatever reason....

And I've seen a few other posts with the same problem you're having, and I can't say that I've seen any fixes on it. Maybe someone on here can help us both out :thinking: *hints for people to post ideas*

Upvote 0
I just had the same issue; it looked like my Facebook contacts were there but when trying to link one I couldn't find any.

Navigate to the Facebook contacts list, press your menu button and hit refresh.

Give it time to complete and then go back to your phone contacts and try linking again.

Hope this works for you!

Upvote 0
I just had the same issue; it looked like my Facebook contacts were there but when trying to link one I couldn't find any.

Navigate to the Facebook contacts list, press your menu button and hit refresh.

Give it time to complete and then go back to your phone contacts and try linking again.

Hope this works for you!

OK this also worked on my EVO with the same problem. Here is what I did: Go to your contact list "people" then go to the globe or "online directories", click on Facebook. Mine had just my name as the username there so I hit sign out and ok to any warning about uploading data then sign in with your Facebook username and password and wait while it updates (you will see a spinning ball) and it will say refreshing or something like that. Your facebook contacts should appear after a minute or two then just go back to your regular contact list and you should be able to link accounts again! Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones