• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Link Outlook to Email App

UssjTrunks

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2011
I have been using an @hotmail.com address with my phone until today when I switched the address to @outlook.com. Naturally, my email app told me that the current account information was wrong, so I removed that account and proceeded to make one with my new outlook address. The problem is that the app keeps telling me "username or password incorrect (authentication failed.)". I am obviously entering the correct username/password. I have tried adding the account as both and Exchange and a POP3. Both return the same error.

The official Hotmail app works fine and recognized the new account right away. However, it's slow and ugly and I would prefer to go back to the default app. Any tips to make it work?

EDIT: Figured it out, for anyone else having the problem: you need to change the exchange server to "snt-m.hotmail.com"

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones