Cant load contacts to navigationSupport

Last Updated:

1. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, in navigation map screen while selecting end point there are two choices, tap on screen or contacts,when I select contacts it prompts me to open menu,settings,contacts,two options, import/export, I select import and it searches, here's the problem, it says no vcard file found, 1, what does this mean? 2, how do I get contacts to load to nav end points? Is this user error or software problem? Any help is greatly appreciated,

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

1) Take yer email address out of the post - that is a great way to get a spambot (or 10) to start sending you email. Use the Subscribe feature of this forum to subscribe to your post instead, and all replies will be shoot of to you as an email.

2) you need to have address information store with your contacts, I do it all the time, and I can navigate to their addresses within seconds using my contacts. It may take some time, though, as the GMail interface actually supports less info than the Android 2.0 interface (IIRC).

3) Did you perhaps have a setting enabled for using of vCards?

3. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for tip about the email,that was pretty dumb of me. So my problem seems to be user related, It totally skipped my mind that I might actually have to add the info first(duh). I just got so use to to this droid doing all of the work for me that I just assumed it looked up the data and would sync it for me, what an idoit ,LMAO! I'm sure feeling real stupid right about now. Thanks for your time and info, ill post again after I add the info and let you know how it worked