Can't load Yahoo Mail after Froyo OTA. Help!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After receiving the official OTA 2.2 update, my yahoo mail doesn't work. I got the low space warning three days after the update, so I deleted the HTC Mail accounts to start over since it had gotten to over 100MB. It loaded my msn just fine, but said that it couldn't authenticate my yahoo. I thought my PW was wrong, so I used the laptop to get a new PW, and confirmed it by logging into it on the laptop and again at work on the desktop. I went to add the new yahoo mail account to the phone, and I'm still getting the authentification failure message. Can someone please help! Yes, I still use yahoo for less important mail/notifications. LOL :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Mine wouldn't work if I tried to add the account if I was on wifi. Don't know why, but if you are on wifi, try to add the account via 3g.

jimbiss likes this.
  3. Pooh434

I'm trying via 3G. I don't have access to 3G right now. Thanks though.

4. Nicks88

Hmmm...no good. I will search around and see if I come up with anything.

Pooh434 likes this.
  5. Nicks88

This may work. It was the manual set up for the moto droid. Try it out. Yahoo Mail On The Motorola Droid | Android Phone Fans

Edit: From reading it appears Yahoo will not work via wifi, so you'll have to wait until you get service to try to log in and set it up.

Pooh434 likes this.
  6. Pooh434

Thanks Nick. This worked! I'll keep a close eye on it. :rolleyes: Have a great day.

7. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

Mine stopped authenticating BEFORE the update (HTC mail). I downloaded the Yahoo mail app from the market and it worls fine. It also has it own notification icon similar to Gmail. I think it works better then the seteup via HTC Mail.

8. katiethel

katiethel New Member

First try logging in to your Yahoo mail on your computer. Before you log out, try logging in on your phone. You may have to download the Yahoo mail app from the Market. If this doesn't work, you will need to add the Yahoo mail account again manually. Select IMAP type, and use the settings found at this link:

Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help

I was having the same authentication problem, and this solution worked. Good Luck!

kovi likes this.
  9. kovi

kovi New Member

It worked... Thanks