1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Can't locate music files

1. Kada Dix

Kada Dix Member

Hi,

I'm trying to add mp3 files to my new Hero to use as a ringtone. I followed the instructions here > HTC Hero - Copying Photos and Music to Your Phone to add the files but they just don't show.

I then tried to follow the instructions here > http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/20511-htc-hero-tips-tricks-useful-apps-v1-6-a.html

But i can't seem to be able to find these folders:

Ringtones: /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones
    SMS Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/notifications
    Alarm Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/alarms

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Have you created these folders?

On the sdcard create (if not already there) /media/audio then within the audio file create your other files like ringtones etc
  3. Kada Dix

Kada Dix Member

Thank you very much Ziani the files now show in the ringtones.

Any ideas on how to get music files in the music player
  4. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

I have put a folder called MP3's on my SD Card and then within that folder albums in their own folders i.e. /mp3/meatloaf-bon jovi etc :)
  5. Kada Dix

Kada Dix Member

Hmm thats what ive been trying, just tried again and no joy!
  6. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Have you booted the phone since the changes?
  7. Kada Dix

Kada Dix Member

Hi, Yes tried that too. Ive tried a number of .mp3 files too just incase something is corrupted. But still no joy!

Thanks for your help so far!
  8. Kada Dix

Kada Dix Member

hmm just installed TuneWiki and the files show in that, so maybe a problem with the default player?
  9. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

hmm...strange I use the default player...oh well at least you can see the files now :)
  10. DeadlyDazza

DeadlyDazza Well-Known Member

:D