• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't locate the wifi antenna in a European Hero?

mossel

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
Hi,

I replaced the glass screen following the original take apart tutorial like here . putting it back together with the new front panel+screen everything works fine.

The problem is I have a very weak wifi signal compared to all the other devices at the same distance from the access point. So I'd be happy to take it apart again and see where the wifi antenna is to be replaced or fixed but I just don't know where the heck it could be.

I have to say though that the hero in the video above is not exactly the same as the one I took apart. Since I live in Belgium and the phone was bought here in a regular store It's probably a european version.

One thing I noticed: When you take the backpanel off to reach the battery, the first series of 6 screws that had to be unscrewed had 1 philips scew which had 'stuff' glued onto it. All the other were torx screws. I had to scratch off that stuff to reach the grooves of the philips screw. Maybe this screw was responsible for wifi reception which I ruined because of having to scrape off that 'stuff'?

Cheers and thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones