• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't log in to Android Market

Can't log in to Google Account Try this this works for me Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility (check)

Where can I find 'Accessibility'?

On your phone go to Applications/Settings/Accounts & Sync/then turn on Backround data
you should be able to get into the android market now

Mine was already on and it doesn't work. :(

Has anyone else found any solutions over the past few months? This is still an ongoing problem!

Upvote 0
The third possibility, and most likely, is that when you first powered the phone on you didn't register or sign-in to Google. For some reason, unless you do this on first boot it won't work again. As far as I know, the only way to resolve is to hard-reset the phone and do it again. You will lose all your data/config but it shouldn't take too long to sort out again. I had to do this on mine.

THANKYOU you are a legend!

Upvote 0
Got a similar problem here on my htc desire.
Been logging in fine to android market for the last week, now even though its on auto sign in it asks me for my password saying that password is either invalid or my account has changed even though I havnt changed a thing.
Anyway. Ive tried every single password I might have used and none will get me signed in and theres no option for "forgot password".
Absolutely stuck. :mad: Any ideas please???

Ive been stuck on this problem for over a week now and have tried everything. I finally thought I would give this a try and it worked! Go to settings then manage applications. Once there, on the top of the screen select "all" then scroll down until you see market. Select that then hit clear data. It will ask if you are sure. Hit yes. ( doing this only deletes data that has been saved in your market application like cookies, cache, and of course, your saved login info. You won't lose anything important I promise ;) Once done, click on your market app and it should automatically log you in. hope it works.

Reactions: KillDroid
Upvote 0
Ive been stuck on this problem for over a week now and have tried everything. I finally thought I would give this a try and it worked! Go to settings then manage applications. Once there, on the top of the screen select "all" then scroll down until you see market. Select that then hit clear data. It will ask if you are sure. Hit yes. ( doing this only deletes data that has been saved in your market application like cookies, cache, and of course, your saved login info. You won't lose anything important I promise ;) Once done, click on your market app and it should automatically log you in. hope it works.

***THE ABOVE TIP WORKS!!! ***

I have been trying to access my Android Market for several days now. I kept getting one of those "Captcha" signins. Once I entered the letters it would take me to my YouTube account (?) name and ask me to enter my password. When I did this it would loop back to the "Captcha" sign in again!! I was going Bonkers!

I had called Verizon who suggested I Factory Reset - NOT what I wanted to hear!

Finally, I was searching the internet and this forum popped up - what a coinky-dink that this poster just posted this tip TODAY!

Followed his directions and VOILA! I'm back in business!

HlgVisions- I just registered on this forum to give you KUDOS for this tip and sent it to Admin as a Worthy Tip! (Hope it still continues to work!! :) ) Thank you for the hard work and effort you put into finding the solution!!

Terry
Florida

Upvote 0
***THE ABOVE TIP WORKS!!! ***

I have been trying to access my Android Market for several days now. I kept getting one of those "Captcha" signins. Once I entered the letters it would take me to my YouTube account (?) name and ask me to enter my password. When I did this it would loop back to the "Captcha" sign in again!! I was going Bonkers!

I had called Verizon who suggested I Factory Reset - NOT what I wanted to hear!

Finally, I was searching the internet and this forum popped up - what a coinky-dink that this poster just posted this tip TODAY!

Followed his directions and VOILA! I'm back in business!

HlgVisions- I just registered on this forum to give you KUDOS for this tip and sent it to Admin as a Worthy Tip! (Hope it still continues to work!! :) ) Thank you for the hard work and effort you put into finding the solution!!

Terry
Florida

Just an update on this post/tip - this seems to be a temporary fix. I have had the same problem occur. At this time I have followed the same tip and it has worked. However, because this problem continues to occur this seems to be a temporary fix - or it could be isolated to my phone only. (Moto Droid)

I think it also prevents some of my applications from updating as the warning popup does claim that updates may be lost.

Still - I haven't had to factory reset yet - so far - and that's a relief. I will keep using this tip as long as it works or find another that works permanently.

-T

Upvote 0
Here's what I did to fix the problem I was having when my phone wasn't letting me access the Android (google) marketplace:

1. Settings

2. Accounts & Sync

3. Select the Google account that has your @ Youtube email address

4. Delete (Remove) that account

5. Access the Marketplace

Worked perfectly for me. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
About 3 weeks ago i must've been randomly logged out of my google account because i have been unable to get on the android market. When i attempt to get on, it brings up a google sign in and wants me to "type the charecters i see in the picture". When i do this it authenticates for a couple seconds then tells me "You entered the wrong password or your account has changed, please re-enter your password". I have typed in every password ive ever used and nothing is working. I know im not the only person this is happening to, this has happened to a co-worker at the same time it has happened to me. Anyone know a solution?

Upvote 0
About 3 weeks ago i must've been randomly logged out of my google account because i have been unable to get on the android market. When i attempt to get on, it brings up a google sign in and wants me to "type the charecters i see in the picture". When i do this it authenticates for a couple seconds then tells me "You entered the wrong password or your account has changed, please re-enter your password". I have typed in every password ive ever used and nothing is working. I know im not the only person this is happening to, this has happened to a co-worker at the same time it has happened to me. Anyone know a solution?

Here's what I did to fix the problem I was having when my phone wasn't letting me access the Android (google) marketplace:

1. Settings

2. Accounts & Sync

Upvote 0

1. Settings

2. Accounts & Sync

Finally! This was driving me crazy. I tried the method that someone suggested above, but it didn't work. It still kept redirecting me back to the captcha over and over again, and I know I was typing it and my password correctly. I deleted that account and everything finally went back to normal! Thanks!

Upvote 0
go to settings, account and sync and it should show all the accounts you have set up on your phone. Just delete the the one market app is asking you to sign in to.

mine was asking for my youtube password which it never accepted so just deleted account details from phone and it worked fine.

no need to do a hard reset.

Upvote 0
hey can someone please email me why my tab doesnt want to download the android app and stuff it says it can i know its maybe because its telefunken but its still supose to be able to download from market can someone please help me and when i try to create an account its says it doesnt exsit but i have a google acount PLEASE HELP love my tab but its putting me off please! :)

Upvote 0
--------------------------------------------------------

if you go to youtube application and log in with you gmail -

then go back to home press menu > settings > accounts and sync > you will be able to see your gmail account here press it and sync now -

now you should be able to access android market.

no hard reset needed

I have the same problem and am not able to log into youtube and do it this way as that requires access to the gmail account which then also ends up with the "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" message.
Unfortunalely my htc hero won't sync with my windows 7 laptop, so if I tried a hard reset I'd loose all my data. Any other ideas anyone? Or any ideas of how I get htc sync to work?

thanks

Upvote 0
Someone seems to be expert here in Adroid market.. Please HELP me! I bought a phone from my friend and I am not able to use Android market in it. It says "unable to establish a connection with server" everytime I try to login. I even did factory reset but still the same. What more should I do?
Hi Nidhz and welcome to AndroidForums.

After your factory reset, you are asked to put an account ID/emal. Did you signed into the Market using your Gmail account? :)

Also, what country are you in and what phone do you have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones