Can't log into Gmail account.Support

1. ogretyrant83

ogretyrant83 Member

Hi all i put the wrong title in its ment to read can't log into Google play store on my galaxy tab 2 10.1. I have cleared the cache and data in the application manager for Google play services and all the other Google applications when I got no results and have also uninstalled and reinstalled my Google account. I have looked online and have not been able to resolve this issue, please help!

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Do you have 2 Step verification enabled on your gmail account per chance? You'll need an application specific password for your phone if so.

What's the error message?
  3. ogretyrant83

ogretyrant83 Member

Hi, just realised I have written Gmail acount and not google play store D'oh! When I press the play store button it says server error and after 5 sec it says unfortunately Google play has stopped working.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Was it like this out of the box? Was Play updating and it failed or something?

Have you tried pushing another version of the Play Store on to the tab?
  5. ogretyrant83

ogretyrant83 Member

It has been fine since I've had it last year its been a recent thing. Have just tried to reinstall the app but there is no way of doing this as its a feature that is preinstalled, I cant even uninstall it!
  6. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Try deleting your google account in settings "accounts etc" then restart the tablet and setup the account again
  7. ogretyrant83

ogretyrant83 Member

Hey, I tried that and did not work. I created a new account and that did not work either. I am going to try a factory reset tomorrow after I have backed up my files.
  8. ogretyrant83

ogretyrant83 Member

Hi all. Just to let you know I performed a factory reset and all my Google accounts are working fine. Thanks everyone for your help!