1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't log into Market through GoogleSupport

1. AllisonWonder

AllisonWonder New Member

My phone was working fine this morning. I updated a few apps, and I thought everything was okay. One of the updated apps (Zoodle) went haywire, locked my phone, and not even a battery pull would fix it, the app started up again the second the phone rebooted. I had to take it in, and they restored it back to factory. And here's my real problem. I'm trying to set up my e-mail (gmail), and when I log into Market, it wants me to add a google account before it lets me do anything, which would be fine and dandy, but every time I try, it tells me my username and password don't match. I know 100% that they do match, because I changed it earlier today since I thought I was going crazy. I use this phone for work, and it's pretty much useless without my e-mail. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

With that address, can you log in the Market on your PC browser?
  3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

I just had the same kind of problem with my wife's phone today because we had changed her gmail password (through the webmail interface on a PC) and then we couldn't change the password on the phone because Android giving the same error. Here's what solved it for me.
    1) From the phone, open up a web browser, go to gmail.com, sign in with your username and password. (Now if you open your gmail app, it shoudl populate with mail.)
    2) Turn the phone off and restart it.
    3) If you open up your normal email app, open up the account settings, and scroll down to the server settings, you should now be able to enter the username and password for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
  4. mongojob

mongojob New Member

Hey i had the same problem and read about a fix that worked for me. Do you have the third party verification enabled for Google where it sends you a text when you log in through a new device witha verification code? I had to turn mine off briefly to work around this. Hope it helps.