cant long press on evo?? somethings wrong

Last Updated:

1. jongo

jongo Active Member This Topic's Starter

i exchanged my phone today do to a faulty microphone. now i got this evo and for example when i text and i wanna hold for a question mark it just puts down the letter and wont let me hold and alot of other things are very unresponsive or move slowly. I actually got the notification bar to stay halfway down which never happen to me cause i think it automatically goes all the way down. I did install a invisible sheild but i dont think that has any effect since most of the water is gone.it was working fine before i installed it tho. i had to turn the device off when the bottom buttons wouldnt respond until i would put it to sleep and then shortly after it go back to not responding then the screen stopped responding. is this faulty hardware?

Advertisement
  2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

try and reboot your phone a couple of more times.

3. jongo

ok just randomly started working now without even restarting. Still feels a little weird and glitchy

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I had this problem and seems related to being on/off the charger in my cases.

5. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I had this problem after the update until I rebooted a couple more times after the installation reboots. All is well now.

6. jongo

it still has times where it has terrible screen responsiveness then i have to pull the battery most likely more then once to get it to be responsive again. just happens at random times? is this faulty hardware or something the update could have caused

7. jongo

Bump

8. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

I am having similar issues. At (random) times i seem to not be able to long press keys in both portrait or landscape mode to get the symbol associated with that key. It sometimes will fix itself, other times i reset to ractory touch calibration, or recalibrate and most of the time that wont fix immediatley. Restarting often works, but this problem is starting to get annoying. I called RS and they put me on a wait list to get a replacement phone since I am still in the 30 day return period (barely). I will try the to see if it is related to being on the charger, because currently it is charging and is having problems. Ill let you know what I find out. Any help would be awesome in resolving this issue.

Thanks

edit: this seems to only be happening with the keyboard. I can long press on the home sceen and move icons with no issues. Also, the the problem is occuring sometimes when i press a letter key, it thinks i hit it like 5 times or so.

Also I can confirm that this was only happening today while i was charging. I keep and eye on it in the future.

9. Mongoos150

Mongoos150 Well-Known Member

I'm having this same issue with my new EVO I picked up today. There's still no fix for this?!

10. akkidy

akkidy Well-Known Member

same here

11. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

No real fix I know of. Just try unplugging and cycling power, seemed to work for me as this issue is kind of intermittent