• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't maintain 3g signal while on standby/lock?

Hey guys, new smartphone owner here so sorry if this is a noob question but...
I'm trying to stream music from my Jango app at work and every min when the phone goes on standby my signal cuts out and the music stops. I switched the display settings to stay on for 10 mins and turned down brightness to preserve some battery and I can keep my connection but is there something I can change to let it keep my signal when it goes standby so I'm not burning battery on the screen lights?

I was having a similar issue, for the the problem was that I had set up a custom battery mode that shut my data off after 15 minutes after the phone went to standby. What I have set now is that my phone wont shut my data off ever (I had to change this for my work email anyway), the only issue is that it kills your battery quicker because you are constantly connected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones