can't make a backup?

Last Updated:

1. purrpledank

purrpledank Member This Topic's Starter

So i've spent a fair amount of time reading all that I can about rooting before I actually decided to do it, but hit an unforeseen wall. I read about both the manual way and the instructional videos on youtube and decided to go with the videos. I rooted fine, and was in the process of doing a nandroid backup with DroidRootHelper. So I downloaded and extracted the Tools folder and I thought everything was pretty straightforward until I realized that the instructions in this video YouTube - Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 1 are for DroidRootHelper v8.0 and apparently the app has been updated to v9.0 in the past couple days, so the menu is different and the instructions are quite confusing i think.

I also read that most roms like cyanogenmod block the 2.1 OTA updates automatically, but I am not yet running a rom because I haven't been able to make a backup. what if i get the update?

most links seem to point me to rootyourdroid.info which isn't accessible. i'm obviously very new to this and i suppose i'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction from here.. a different backup method perhaps? I'm still searching, but I'm kind of stuck already.

Advertisement
  2. datsyuk

datsyuk Active Member

I had the same problem last night without 8.0, delete the version you have now and download this, it's 8.0.

I ended up having to Mount and Un mount mtdblock3 instead of 4 and it worked for some reason lol.

But here: RootingTools.zip

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

download dmupdater and have it flash the new SPrecovery. then boot into the recovery by holding the X on boot. you can do a full nandroid backup in there.

4. edski1133

edski1133 Member

i just rooted my droid and im trying to do the nandroid backup but everything i see asks for the droidroothelper and i cant seem to find it anywhere. All the talks ive seen about it say to get it off the market but its not there when i search it. Can anyone help please?

5. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

download rom manager. select back up current rom.

edski1133 likes this.
  6. edski1133

edski1133 Member

worked perfect thanks!

7. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

rom nanager is worth every penny i reccomend the paid version. you can install zip files, manage backups, download roms themes basebands etc! its a given that if your rooted you download rom manager, set cpu and titanium back up. but thats just my .02.