Can't Make Calls w/ Latest 2.1 Leak.General

Last Updated:

1. ScarcelyAware

ScarcelyAware Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So after reading about this new and improved update, I decided to take the plunge. I went through the tutorial step by step and now my phone won't make phone calls. I've tried programming my phone twice and I still get the recording that says Verizon cant authenticate my phone. Anyone have this happen? Any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Call Verizon. I don't know if I would mentioned leaked software or anything, but let them know you did a restore and can't program your phone. They should be able to do it for you.

3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

If you get that "can't authenticate" recording, you might need to call customer service and have them reactivate your line.

EDIT: What she said.

4. ScarcelyAware

ScarcelyAware Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Would me still having 3G and texting change anything?

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Sometimes things get "hung up" in the switch. You might need someone in tech support to push it thru.

6. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Did you try *228 or are you unable to do this? Upgraded from old leak to new leak today and phone works perfectly. Did not have to call anyone or any number.

7. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Try reflashing it, if it still doesn't work just call Verizon.

8. natbet

natbet Active Member

something similar happened to me with my winmo work phone. All I had to do to fix it is reboot the phone, give that a shot.

9. bronc

bronc Active Member

same thing happened to me when I installed the first leak. Still had 3g and could text, but when trying to call got the verizon message. I called customer service, told them I just did a hard reset and couldn't call out anymore. They had me change some settings in the phone ( i had to enter in a long code in the secret menu but don't remember what it was ) and everything was fixed. So, don't worry, it happens and verizon can fix it.

10. matt0590

matt0590 Member

i had a similar problem, i would open the phone up to try and make a call and it would freeze on me, then it would call my contact that i dialed and no ringing what so ever and i had to keep turning my phone on and off