• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't make or receive calls/texts after reset

CVP0627

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
Hello everybody, i have a droid eris and it has been nothing but trouble since i first got it. Yesterday i did a system reset by going to settings>privacy>Factory Data Reset. And ever since then whenever i haven't been able to receive any calls, or receive or send any texts. And whenever i try to call someone it comes up with the message "the number you dialed has been changed, disconnected, or no longer in service, if you feel you have received this message in error please try to enter in the number again". i tried to go to the verizon store to get them to fix it but my dad is at the beach and doesn't know the last 4 digits of the social security number we used to set up the account so they are no help whatsoever like usual. If anyone could help me i would GREATLY appreciate it. Has anyone else had this problem??

I need it to be fixed as soon as humanly possible because i'm in college and i'm supposed to get up with my group in one of my classes to work on a group project. Please somebody help me.

also, I already programmed the phone by calling that number (can't remember what the number is) and pressing 1

A factory reset on a stock-software phone (not a rooted phone w/ a custom recovery) causes it to lose it's activation information.

dial *228, wait for the announcement, press 1, and then wait for the call to complete.

If all goes well, you will se the phone say "Programming Complete" and it will reboot.

Upvote 0
A factory reset on a stock-software phone (not a rooted phone w/ a custom recovery) causes it to lose it's activation information.

dial *228, wait for the announcement, press 1, and then wait for the call to complete.

If all goes well, you will se the phone say "Programming Complete" and it will reboot.

already did all of that, luckily i also just went to the verizon store and got myself a new blackberry bold..YES!! No more shitty droid eris to mess up on me every 30 seconds!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones