1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't make outgoing callsSupport

1. arevell

arevell New Member

Hi, I have a galaxy S2 and the problem is when i try to call someone it starts opening skype and asking me to sign in. It used to present me with the option to choose between skype and dialer. I noticed at the top of the screen a little blue phone popped up and when i click it it says forwarding all calls. Thing is if i try to turn that off it comes up with an error message. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have two issues happening at the same time.

Regarding the blue phone with an arrow, in the status bar. That is call forwarding turned on. If your provider is like Telus, the code to turn it on is *21* and then the number. To turn it off it is #21#

Like I said, that is for Telus, so you may want to call T-Mobile to confirm the correct code. From what I can gather the codes don't even use the phone line to activate/deactivate the feature, it seems to be data, but I can't confirm that.

Regarding Skype being the default dialer... that is exactly the problem. If I were you I would uninstall Skype and test the phone again. If it works, then you should be able to re-install the Skype app and have the option to choose which you want as default. Just make sure you don't check "Always use" and select Skype, or you will be in the same boat as now.

Hope this helps!
    RonBcole and sheick daouda like this.