cant make up my mind,,,,,smsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,

i installed handcent sms today and cant decide wether i like it or i prefer the default prog,
    i do like the pop up for quick tx side of it, :D but not keen on the apple look of it which is why i think i like the default

anyone wanna give me pointers or persude me, :p

or even if there any other better apps to use,

Advertisement
  2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

DROP IT!

Honest you have said the same as me and every thing that it does like chose what colour the led flashes you can get a simple app to do.

if you want an on screen notification then try Contact Widget ABC Dialer (light)

[​IMG]

As you can see from the image you get a widget with one touch dialer (touch the picture of the contact) and you get a notification in the widget of texts and missed calls I loved that touch as it felt very "phone like" odd thing to say about a phone but it is more like a mini tablet than phone.

Hit the text icon and it launches the default text app i.e SE and hit the missed call button and it opens the SE dialler which I like anyway. If there is no text or missed calls then pressing the phone icon again launches the default SE dialler and same again for the text app.

The barcode bellow is for the free version but the full version is only 79cents so I got that for a few more extras and the apps alphabet dialler is a nice touch too but I always use the default one.

[​IMG]

3. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Now on my phone my laptop just crashed but posted the above give me two minutes and I will have the barcode for you.

EDIT: now sorted :)

4. T3RBO

T3RBO Well-Known Member

I used it for a while then got totally fed up with it so un installed.

Trying to add a contact was my main annoyance!

I have just installed 'SMS Popup' which gives perfect notifications and you can even alter the led to flash a different colour, plus has a privacy feature that lets you hide the message content.

5. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I used Handcent for a while but I could never send video so it's gone.

6. uzee

uzee Well-Known Member

dont drop it - the default handscent apple look isnt good yeah but you can change it.

Also you really have to adjust teh settings correctly, in my opinion this app has the biggest settings and takes longer than you think to set.

7. garytheanimal

garytheanimal Well-Known Member

Totally agree, its one of my favourites about Android, its so customisable its great, my girlfriend has a Red LED light for her texts and everyone else is Blue, purely because if i dont text her back IMMEDIATELY she just rings me asking why.

But you can also set a picture of the contact in the background of the conversation page, pointless i know but who else does that?

8. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

I use handscent, and wouldnt use anything else, i love the fact that It is fully customisable, so if you dont like the default apple vibe, change it. ahhh the beauty of android..
    used Handscent for 1month now, and for me thats ALOT of txt's and not a single issue.
    Happy Camper

9. Shonan

cheers powerkiter i shall take a look at that and see wot its like,

dont get me wrong i spent all nite last setting it up and playin round wif it, used it today and yeah its a good free app, certain elements from it i liked but want something a little differant,
    it jus reminds me to much of a certain apple product, and im after something that says android, does that make sense, ? ? ?

10. hogsaway

hogsaway Active Member

The customisable font sizes are handy for the short sighted among us...

11. Shonan

i downloaded sms popup and i liking the way it works so far, like the fact u can set a tone to certain contacts again,
    Dont kno if there another app that does that,,,, but stumbled across which is a + for me