Can't mount /cache/recovery/... - stuck on bootscreen

1. SuperWheatBoy

SuperWheatBoy New Member

Hello, After I flashed CWM-Blackedition (I followed the steps, or at least I hope I did)

I got stuck on the boot screen. I went back to Recovery and at the bottom there is "E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/... and some other similar messages.

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Advertisement
    Fadedj likes this.
  2. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

*sigh* this mounting "issue" isnt an issue as it affects nothing on the phone but let me go ahead and get your troubles cleared up..... all you have to do is a restore a backup. if you dont have one then use this stock backup:
    clockworkmod recovery backup for samsung admire eh02.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    you have to be on CWM 5.0.2.7 in order to restore this backup. download it and unzip the tar file. put the folder into your sd card in the path clockworkmod/backup. then boot into cwm and then restore by going down to backup and restore. select restore and select the folder.

as for the phone not booting up you probably didnt flash it right

or you can always try flashing another rom
    Fadedj and SuperWheatBoy like this.
  3. SuperWheatBoy

SuperWheatBoy New Member

Thank you so much for the assistance. ;)
  4. Had the same issue only fix I found was to flash original rom for phone and then reflash cwm and then load monster 5.3.
  5. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

That's the more complicated way. Simple way is to restore a backup as qandres said or reflash the rom. You dont need to reflash the stock rom.
    Fadedj likes this.
  6. rajanish

rajanish New Member

I was trying to flash my samsung galaxy s with jellybean.. first i installed cwm 4.0.1.0 using odin and now I am stuck in recovery mode and not able to get to download mode.. and without download mode I am not sure how to resolve or move ahead..

I am always getting this error.. ""E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/... and some other similar messages."

I am not able to go to download mode with three finger, tried battery removed and putting back couple of times.. i can only go to recovery and any operation would result in "cant mount" error.. I am worried that its bricked..

is there any way to get away with this? I dont mind going back to gb or ics..
  7. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

You're in the wrong forum. This forum is for the Samsung Admire. Try posting in this one Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums