can't mount sd card

Last Updated:

1. redsoxfan1

redsoxfan1 Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys i just got my acer liquid e i am trying to put some songs into the 2gb sd card but it won't work. i read i am supposed to mount the card when the drop down shows but it doesn't show, it says usb connected and i see the usb logo on the left hand corner of the phone, the computer makes a noise like when it detects a new hardware, there is a new hardware but i can't access it

Advertisement
  2. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

1 - Are the Acer Drivers installed

2 - Use the USB cable that came with the phone (only) or the best USB cable you have.

3. redsoxfan1

thanks for your replay, i resolved the problem, i thought the drop down screen was to pop up by itself i pull it down after playing around with the phone i hold it and drag my finger from where it says usb connected and that was it.

now i have to figure out how to install games and what software i need.

4. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

Use AppBrain it far better than 'Market'

5. redsoxfan1

whre can i get this appbrain is this like a software that i need to install in my pc is this like the android sdk

6. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

7. redsoxfan1

have you heard of the android sdk i am trying to find it and install but i can't.
    i found a site where they supposely have it i click on the file but it just won't download.

i used the market and some free games say this app have full acess to the internet and to network, i was wondering if this apps(games) would use up my data usage cause i can see there are adds showing on top of the game.

now is appbrainer kind of the same where they have access to the internet.

if i download android games can i install them using appbrain?

i know too many questions :)

8. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

SDK

Android SDK | Android Developers

Both Market and AppBrain use data as well as a few games. I go through about 150 MB of data a month, runnimg Facebook, weather app etc.

You gan download apps on your PC and load them to you SD card and install them that way. But it is easier just to use install them direct on your phone from market.

9. redsoxfan1

thanks again for your reply, ok i install astro file manager thru appbrain, it works fine i can isntalls my apk's from my pc easy enough but some apps says that have full access to internet, now you said you go tru 150mb of data usage a month using facebook etc. i am not worry about facebook or internet cause i don't really use that that much but i am worry about the games, which i do play quite a bit at work :), using a lot of my data which i only have 500mb.

another question i install sdk, but do you have to root the phone to be able to use sdk, do you have to root the phone to install games from my pc. i also wonder if after rooting the phone what program do i need to installs my apk's and would they still say the the app have access to the internet.

10. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

11. redsoxfan1

i thought i needed sdk to transfer apk's files to my phone after i root my phone.

i just want to make sure i have all the info before i root my phone.

i want to make sure that when i install and use my apk's file it is not using my data usage.

i want to make sure that rooting my phone is really necessary to install apk's files without the files using my data usage.

i know that people can jailbreak their iphones and install games without their games using up their data usage.

12. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

You are correct in what you are saying, it is a lot of extra work. I search for apps on my PC, find what I want in AppBrain and mark to download, then go to the phone and sync with AppBrain App or just go to the phone and use AppBrain 'Search' and download. Downloading apps does not use that much data.