Can't mount sd-ext

1. Code_Monkey

Code_Monkey New Member

I'm having a problem restoring from a ROM flash that doesn't seem to be working.

I am using a ViewSonic G tab which I had originally rooted to CryonGen7 (bittrix-beta-06.43f-gb). That was the first time that I had rooted my tablet and it worked fine.

Today I attempted to root the device to VegN 7.0 (VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed). I followed directions, wiped the cache, data and the dalvik. I performed the update using CW and once I rebooted I waited approximately 15 minutes for the system to rebuild the dalvik database and cache. Since that was 3 times the required 5 minute wait, I figured something had gone wrong and powered down the tablet.

Now the problem that I have is that I neglected to copy a rescue update.zip file anywhere on the internal SDcard and when I attempt to mount the ext-sd card which has the rescue update.zip I get an error:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblkOp2
    (No such file or directory)
    Error mount SDEXT:!

I pulled the sd-ext card and mounted it in my windows system so I added the directory structure, but it wasn't recognized. So then I thought I'd just reformat the sd-ext card and see if the system would add it but I received the following errors:

Formatting SDEXT:....
    No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext
    Done.

I have also attempted to mount an external USB flash drive without success. Any suggestions on how best to proceed at this point?

I appreciate the help from anyone that takes the time to reply.

Advertisement
  2. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

It sounds like there is no EXT partiton
  3. Code_Monkey

Code_Monkey New Member

shadowninty,

That may be, the drive appears to have been formatted as I do have some file directories under it that mirror the sdcard directories.

How would I go about creating the EXT partition since I only seem to have CW available and it doesn't seem to want to format it?
  4. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

In Advanced menu of CWM I think there is an option
    Alternatively use GParted on a computer
    Code_Monkey likes this.
  5. Code_Monkey

Code_Monkey New Member

Thanks for your help. I did finally find out how to get my backup update.zip over on to the external card and was able to re-flash back to CryonGen7 (bittrix-beta-06.43f-gb).

I appreciate the reply and time.
  6. raydroid

raydroid New Member

Are there any ROM for ZTE Blade CDMA ? Thx.