• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't mount sdcard?

pcdebb

Android Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
I have the Ascent TapouT and I'm simply trying to bring over some ringtones. I've plugged the phone into my computer, and it sees it, sort of. there's two folders, drivers and document. I dont see all the other folders I'm used to seeing (such as DCIM, bluetooth, etc). I've mounted from the phone and unmounted, but nothing changes the view in windows explorer. I can view the android folders from the phone.

What am I missing? I think I had the same issue with my Epic and did something, but don't remember what. The computer is not prompting me for a driver download/install.

i've done all I can think of:
-mounted
-unmounted
-formatted card
-turned on usb debugging
-turned off usb debugging
-removed sdcard
-rebooted phone

i only see two folders and that is all. bad card? i'm thinking it didnt even format because the two folders are still there?? :thinking:

it was always a simple task :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones