Cant mount via usb

Last Updated:

1. rreyes3000

rreyes3000 Member This Topic's Starter

After rooting my phone I have noticed that my phone wont charge or mount on my pc. My wifes phone which has not been rooted has no issues. Prior to rooting I never experienced any issues. However, The phone will charge when using the ac connector or plugged into any other pc! Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

ok, check your settings, is usb debugging turned on? do you have your phone set to charge, mount or sync by default?

3. rreyes3000

debugging is on but i toggled it , tried restarting the phone, and the pc. The phone is on charge only but the window usually stops for a minute just long enough for me to chose anoter connection type. but on my pc it displays for 5 seconds, my pc beeps indicating it connected but just as quickly as it happens, the window disappears and the pc beeps indicated it was disconnected. This does not happen on the other pcs. And yet prior to rooting it worked plus my wifes phone--which is not rooted-- connects just fine.

4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

do you have a different sdcard?
    try that if you do. Also try taking all your data off sdcard, format it and put the data back on, can you put your sdcard in the computer? I had a similar problem and it was my sdcard that was bad

5. rreyes3000

YES! I thought of doing that next. Could it be because the card is over 90% full? Also, it doesnt explain why it works on other pcs but mine. Strange. The ROm I have is Baked Snack. I thought of going over to another Rom. Any Suggestion? One that will prolong battery life and includes teathering. Is it possible to dual boot roms? Ill try a different card first though.

6. rreyes3000

OK. I tried a different sdcard and its the same issue. I also connected it to my net book with no problems. This is very strange.

7. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a driver issue, see what driver is shown when yours is connected and what driver when your wifes connects

8. rreyes3000

under Device manager the Android USB Devices appears. But when I plug mine in it pops up just long enough for me to read the word Android on the list of devices but disappears quickly. It not around to even see what drivers are there.

9. rreyes3000

possible issue solved. I unplugged all the usb devices ( 3 ipods and an external 1.5 TB drive) but I left in the mouse and keyboard. So far it still connected. Now its been a while now but arent usbs asigned a port number or something like that? How can I assign one or see which port is assigned to which device?

10. rreyes3000

So far when I plug it into the integrated usb port at the back it connects. if I plug it into the from usb port it does not. Again this was not an issue before. Power supply related? I also checked USB Debugging( what is this option for exactly for?).still strange how all the otherdevices work when plugged into the front USB panel.

As I wrote this I plugged in all the devices I have via usb in order to put a load on the ports and the EVO is still connected (only on the rear port).

11. evoandroid

evoandroid Member

There are a couple of fixes
    1) (this didn't exactly work for me) search on google: "xda usb sd card mount fix" It have you run connect bot and some commands

2) (what worked for me) i was scared doing this and didn't think it would actually work.
    flash the latest radio.
    its pretty simple actually just please read up on it at xda.

12. evoandroid

evoandroid Member

if youd like guidance send me a pm

13. rreyes3000

Trial and error. OK, I have noticed if other devices are connected and syncing the phone will not charge or connect to the pc. If all other usb ports are free and no activity on them (excluding printer, and mouse/keyboared) I AM able to charge and sync. And yet if I run the same steps with my wifes phone there are no issues at all. Just an update.