1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

cant move .android_secure to new sd cardGeneral

1. amr mustafa

amr mustafa New Member

I have a samsung galaxy s4 and my 16gb sd card just got full so I bought a 64gb card and moved everything to the new year card. Everything moved except the folder .android_secure so therefore all my sd card apps won't work. Whenever I try to drag the folder onto the new card it pops up with an error and that it can't move the folder. Why is this so?
    How Can I move the folder .android_secure to my new sd card?
    I've tried using card readers and tried putting the new card in my phone and drag it on but it still won't work.
    HELPPP I WANT MY APPS TO WORK

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Look at the permissions of both the folder and all the files (and folders and files in them and so on). (You should be able to see them with any file utility.)
  3. amr mustafa

amr mustafa New Member

Im confused. Can't find anything about permissions on the folder.
  4. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

If you are trying to move it using a PC you may have to remove the dot in front of the folder name and then re-add the dot after transferring.
  5. amr mustafa

amr mustafa New Member

Tried it. It didn't work. It won't let me rename it to it. It says it anyway exists
  6. AeolianReflex

Are you mounting the card by connecting the phone to your pc or did you remove the card and put into a card reader on the pc?
    If I'm not mistaken, you will have to remove the card from the phone because the phone's OS has it locked.
  7. amr mustafa

amr mustafa New Member

Thanks aeolianreflex once I used card readers for both sd cards it worked. Cheers all my apps are working now
  8. AeolianReflex

Glad I could help. Enjoy your S4 it's an awesome phone