• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cant move apps to a new sd card

I replaced the company fitted 8gb sd card with a new sd card 16 gb.and now i cant move the applications from internal memory to sd card.can anyone please help me what should i do.

I have a similar problem only I replaced it with 32 GB. Moreover I cannot copy any file into the new card. To be precise using USB cable it copies but after a wile the copied file gets deleted. T removed antivirus from the phone because I thought it was responsible but it didn't help. I am getting desperate

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem only I replaced it with 32 GB. Moreover I cannot copy any file into the new card. To be precise using USB cable it copies but after a wile the copied file gets deleted. T removed antivirus from the phone because I thought it was responsible but it didn't help. I am getting desperate

In an another thread this behavior of the SD card are the symptoms of a fake SD card.
There progs for testing the SD card on PC.
Or on PC simply fill the memory space of the SD card with files and then try to read them all.

Harry

Upvote 0
In an another thread this behavior of the SD card are the symptoms of a fake SD card.
There progs for testing the SD card on PC.
Or on PC simply fill the memory space of the SD card with files and then try to read them all.

Harry

just tried the program

Warning: Only 27 of 31953 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 3.22 MByte/s
Reading speed: 11.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

As you can see I tested only 27 MB but the card seems ok in my opinion.
Moreover files downloaded straight from internet through the market don't get deleted. Only the ones copied via usb cable dissapear after awhile. It looks like a program checks every now and then and deletes them. Created directories and subdirectories stay. Very strange

Upvote 0

try formatting the sd card in the phone...first unmount then format

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones