cant oc to 806

Last Updated:

1. luke22494

luke22494 New Member This Topic's Starter

hi i have an eris runnin xtrsense 4.6 and i was wonderin if there is a kernel out for these phones that will allow me to oc my phone to like 806 or a little higher
    thanks in advance for your help

Advertisement
  2. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member

Hey Luke,

Welcome to the forum! First off, not all Erises are created equal and some of them have a hard time overclocking much past 710. That being said, here is a very comprehensive write-up by the creator (zanfur) of a kernel capable of overclocking that high, along with .zip files you can download. Overclock Patch and update Also, 806 is a pretty high number, and any potential increase in speed may be overshadowed by instability, random restarts and force closes. On a personal note, I feel that the xtrSENSE and xtrROM series are made so well that additional overclocking isn't really necessary... but that's just me. :) You should also know that there was a member here a while ago who fried either their CPU or battery by running at 806 for too long. So just be cautious with your settings.

3. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this one. I tried to oc my phone to 780 and it went into a freeze frame , it would load up but it would freeze with in like 20 sec of load. I was able to get in and change my setcpu back to 720. Beware of thinking you needing more speed.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

And high battery drain...

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

710400 is the standard safe zone.

After about 6 months I've personally decided to keep my clock down at 604800 and I see no real gain going higher.

6. luke22494

@ cmotion. Ok thanks. I will take a look
    @ kobel1up I am currently running 768with absolutely no problems but it does still lagg some
    @ doogald I have seen that already
    @ izeltokatl I will keep that in mind

7. luke22494

@ cmotion. Ok thanks. I will take a look
    @ kobel1up I am currently running 768with absolutely no problems but it does still lagg some
    @ doogald I have seen that already
    @ izeltokatl I will keep that in mind

8. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member

I ran very stably for 3 months at 768 max/528 min and all of a sudden started having a shit-ton of random resets (at least half-a-dozen a day... for several days) so I've since backed down to 710 max/245 min (default OC on xtr's ROMs) and have had nary a reset... and it's been about 8 days now.

So the moral of this story is don't be too cocky with the overclocking. Just because your phone will run fine at a higher speed doesn't mean that it will for long (and once it starts not running so well... you know the life of your phone has been shortened).

9. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

I don't even know why you would need to overclock XtrSense or xtrRom. I used the gscript to reset the clock speed back to stock because this rom flies. Now if you were running a Froyo rom I would get it.

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Does anybody know if you run the phone stock at 528 in xtr whether it still underclocks to 245 MHz? That is what saves battery, I'd think.

11. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member

If you run the GScript that comes with xtrSense to set CPU to STOCK, it will be clocked at 528 max/245 min.