Can't open apk email attachment.Support

Last Updated: 2012-07-22 00:46:25
  1. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Working with a dev that's been emailing apk files to me. I can open them in my Galaxy Nexus, but not on my Nexus 7.

When I try to open the attachment, I get: "there is no installed app that can open this attachment".

I'm running the stock rom (rooted). I can open other attachments ok. I'm guessing it's a security "feature".

What am I missing? :D

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Give me a sec to email an .apk and I'll see if I can open it. I'm also stock, rooted.

Edit: No problem installing Fede's Music app (it's ancient, I know).
    However, did you make sure to allow installation of Unknown Sources apps? (I had to do it)
    colchiro likes this.
  3. colchiro

Yes, that's enabled. That's how I was able to install apps via Amazon app store.

Thanks for checking. :D
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Are you still having problems?
  5. colchiro

I would think so. I haven't changed anything. I don't feel like deleting my Exchange acct to see if that's the problem. I wouldn't think so since I'm using my personal email to DL these files. I KNOW attachments are blocked on our Exchange.

Just tried to send a TIBU backup and it couldn't open that via email either, but it opened just fine via Dropbox.
  6. colchiro

NBD, I suspect I'll have to wipe for a custom rom one of these days. I see CM10 is trying to get my attention. I've been able to ignore it so far. :D